Reading the signs of the body - Lakshana - 6 Sessions (RECORDING)
The surface of the body is a window into the body. You can read the face, tongue, eyes, ears, and hands to gain an immense amount of insight. A simple line, for instance, can tell about a person’s grief, liver issues, or anxiety. Join Vasant Lad to explore how the body reveals itself through these signs and how you can use these signs as a springboard to greater health!
Vasant Lad will provide an overview of Ayurveda and how we can gain insight into these principles by looking at various parts of our bodies. He will also dive into each area in depth, covering the face, tongue, eyes, ears and hands.
This bundle includes all 6 sessions within the series:
- An Introduction
- A Look at the Face - The face is one of the most prominent parts of the body; it’s the first thing we notice when we meet someone. This holds true in Ayurveda as well. There is more to the face than just the expressions that come across. Each line, color, and freckle tell a greater story about a person than we may think. Whether it’s a connection to an organ in the body, a deep-seated emotion, or a potential vulnerability in the physiology of the body, the face is the first step to understanding your state of health!
- A Taste of the Tongue - Have you ever taken a close look at your tongue? The color, lines, shape, and marks all tell a story of what is happening deep down inside the body. Whether it’s the placement of the organs on the tongue or the effects of the different tastes we experience, the tongue is one of the most important chapters of the story of our health.
- A Window into the Eyes - It is often said the eyes are the window into the soul. Besides just the emotions that we can read from our eyes, we can understand the health of our internal organs. The colors of our eyes, the nuances of spots within the iris, and even which part of our eyes tears come from all play a larger role in offering insight about a person.
- The Shape of the Ears - Ears come in all shapes and sizes--long, short, wide, pointed, attached, detached. But did you know that all of those aspects have a different significance? What about the effect of piercings on the body? Don’t underestimate the importance of this body part that seemingly doesn’t play a huge role. If you look closely, the ear is a map to the whole body.
- All in the Hands: Palmistry - Reading the palms and the lines is an art across many cultures. A look at our hands tells us about our life, career, love, the play of planets in our lives, and so much more. Whether it’s the length of the lines, the depth of the grooves, or the shapes of our hands, understanding the basics of Ayurvedic palmistry allows you to glean so much about your life.
Each Class includes a video lesson and a replay of the live Q/A session that was held with Vasant Lad.
Each Class features - 2.5 hours of instruction, except the introduction which is a 1 hour free class.
- Recorded Class - 30 minutes available per the schedule above. This can be watched multiple times at a time that is convenient to you.
- Recording of the Live ZOOM Q/A and practical demonstration with Vasant Lad - 2 hours per the schedule above.
- Class Lesson and Q/A Replays: Unlimited access until Feb 28, 2022.
- Language: English, Russian, Spanish, German
- Earn 15 NAMA Pace Credits for Continuing Education (3 per class)
- Instructor: Vasant Lad