Healing Touch Marma Immersion Session 2 - Torso, Back & Extremities - April 2022
Please note: This immersion is part of a series - to gain access to the first immersion please click here.
What is Marma Therapy?
For thousands of years, Ayurvedic practitioners have used Marma points to stimulate the natural self-healing potential of the physical body.
These specific anatomical points, found at certain junction areas in the body, are believed to be the basis of later acupuncture and massage therapy practices that now span many cultures across the globe.
By gently directing our attention and touch toward these vital energy points, we can use this physical map to support radical healing on an alchemical, biological level within our own bodies, as well as those of our clients, patients, and community.
Session 2 (second of 3 sessions) - Focus: Torso, Back, Upper & Lower Extremities
After your introduction to the Marma points in the head, face, and neck, Vasant Lad and Sneha Raichada, with a team of experienced practitioners in support, will explore the Marma points of the torso, back, upper and lower extremities - building on Session 1 and completing the marma points of the body.The team will leverage what we covered in the first marma immersions - diving into the practical application of Marma point body therapy and how these vital centers interact with the organs, play a role in disease, and learn to use Marma to clear the pranic pathways of the body.
- Weekly recorded lecture session with Vasant Lad, BAM&S, MASc, Founder and Director of the Ayurvedic Institute - total of 4 hours
- 2 LIVE Q&A session with Vasant Lad
- 4 Live sessions with Sneha Raichada MPT, CAP, E-RYT-200
- Anatomy lecture with Dr. Susan Salvo EdD, LMT, BCTMB - over 60 min
- Detailed demonstrations of proper practices
- In-depth lectures on the philosophy, anatomy, and utilization of Marma points
- Exploration of self-healing techniques and acupuncture integration
Replays of all videos and supporting content will be available for 6 months in your personal AyurLearn portal.The following 6 live classes are included in Session 2:
April 5 - Live Zoom 1 - Kickoff session | 10am MDT
April 8- Live Zoom 2 - Vasant Lad | 10am MDT
April 12 - Live Zoom 3 - AyurPrana Practitioner | 10am MDT
April 19 - Live Zoom 4 - AyurPrana Practitioner | 10am MDT
April 22 - Live Zoom 5 - Vasant Lad | 10am MDT
April 26 - Live Zoom 6 - AyurPrana Practitioner | 10am MDT
Audience: Although not required - some understanding of Ayurveda would be beneficial for this immersion. We will cover the necessary anatomy and physiology in this course, but some experience here too will be helpful.
- This immersion is perfect for those working as massage therapists, nurses, elder care, mental health counselors, therapists, palliative care workers, hospice care workers, or any other healing modality where touch is employed.
- This immersion will also benefit any Ayurvedic student who wants to incorporate a deeper understanding of marma point therapy in their own practice and self-care.
Replays Available: Please note that all LIVE sessions are recorded and you will be given access to your own AyurLearn portal where you can access all the immersion sessions and supporting materials whenever you like.
Additional Supporting Materials: Alongside this there will also be reading materials, additional video lecture content, and Vasant Lad’s unique drawings available through this portal.
Build Community: There will be a private Facebook group per immersion where you can join discussions, post questions, and get to know your instructors and fellow students a little better!
Ongoing Access: You will have access to all recordings and materials for 6 months.
Continuing Education Credits with the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA)
AyurPrana is fortunate to be a Continuing Education partner with NAMA, and any participants in this Immersion can add 11 PACE Credits to their continuing education.
For more details visit please visit - NAMA.
Continuing Education Credits with Yoga Alliance
We are also a proud Continuing Education Provider with Yoga Alliance, and any participants in this Immersion can add 6 Non-Contact Hours to their continuing education.
For more details visit please visit - Yoga Alliance.